We’re proud to announce that QF17 is Patients Included.
This means that we are “committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring they are neither excluded nor exploited.”
For more information, visit the Patients Included website.
The Patients Included status is self-assessed and based on meeting all five of the charter’s clauses:
Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- The Quality Forum’s steering committee features two patient representatives.
Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Many patients and caregivers attending the event will be invited to moderate sessions.
- Patients and caregivers were also invited to submit rapid fire presentation and storyboard abstracts
- Patients and caregivers often present in hour-long breakout sessions.
Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- Patients invited to speak in breakout sessions will have registration, travel and accommodation expenses paid in full, in advance.
- The Forum will partner with the Patient Voices Network to facilitate the attendance of 20 patients at the Quality Forum’s main two days of programming, as well as the attendance of 30 patients at a pre-Forum session.
- In addition, the Forum’s registration fees are kept low ($325) in hopes of limiting the affect that cost may have on people’s ability to attend the event. Discounted hotel room rates are also secured for participants.
The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- The event is being held at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, which states that it “is committed to ensuring that we meet and exceed all of the requirements of Access Canada.” Here is more information from the hotel.
Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- Videos from the Forum’s plenary presentations and debate will be uploaded to YouTube.
- The Twitter hashtag #QF17 will be actively promoted prior to and during the event so that participants as well as those unable to attend the event can join the conversation and discuss presentations, key learnings, etc.
- The Forum will obtain as many presentation and storyboard files from speakers as possible and host them on its website for free viewing and downloading.
If you have any questions, please contact us at QualityForum@bcpsqc.ca or 604.668.8213.