Step 1: How did your initiative improve the quality or safety of health care?
You can submit abstracts on any topics related to providing better care for patients. Here are some examples:
- Appropriateness of Care
- Clinical Improvement
- Community & Stakeholder Engagement
- Cost & Quality
- Creating a Culture of Quality
- Implementing Evidence-Based Practice
- Improving Mental Health & Addictions Care
- Innovations in Technology
- Increasing Access to Health Services
- Integration of Primary & Community Care
- Mobilizing & Engaging for Quality
- Partnering across Organizations
- Patient-Centred Care
- Promoting Health & Well-Being
- Quality & Safety in Residential Care
- Sustaining & Spreading Improvement
Step 2: Choose One or Both Presentation Styles
Abstracts will be considered for both rapid fire presentation and storyboard display, unless otherwise indicated. Here is how your abstract will be scored.
Rapid Fire Presentations
Share your work and engage with participants. Speakers are given a total of 20 minutes: 10-12 minutes to present followed by a 6-8 minute Q&A period. You can use slides or other media during your oral presentation and your presentation should meet the following objectives:
- Showcase initiatives that improve the quality of care;
- Present materials, ideas or strategies that will be useful to others facing similar challenges or opportunities; and
- Motivate participants to advance the quality of care.
Display a 4’ by 4’ poster throughout the Forum. A Storyboard Reception will be held on the evening of February 19, providing an opportunity to network and receive feedback on your work from other participants. The best storyboards, as decided by a judging panel, win prizes – check out last year’s winners.
Step 3: Submit Your Abstract(s)
Complete the online submission form once for each abstract you’d like to submit. You can submit as many abstracts as you like, and don’t forget to view the abstract selection criteria first. Abstracts must be written in English, no more than 300 words, and submitted by Wednesday, September 10, 2014. Check out the selection criteria to see how your abstract will be scored. Please note that, if your abstract is accepted, you will be responsible for registration and travel costs.