FEBRUARY 26 | 0900 – 1630
$175 IN-PROVINCE | $225 OUT-OF-PROVINCE | $125 FULL-TIME STUDENT
Hospitality is all about places where people come together to provide and receive services. It is a 24/7 industry that requires empathy, attention to safety and responsiveness. In the relentless pursuit of excellence, effective and efficient guest-oriented service is a must. Sound familiar?
Attendees are invited to join us for a behind-the-scenes look at local examples in action.
Hawksworth Restaurant is the five-time winner of Best Upscale Restaurant in Vancouver, showcasing contemporary cuisine that demonstrates highly skilled technique, creativity and relentless drive for perfection. Learn about the training and processes in place to support culinary and service teams who are passionate about their work and take great pride in delivering an exceptional all-around experience.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Hyatt Regency Vancouver has had a record year, staffing at maximum capacity for six months straight and receiving more guests in its 650 rooms than it has since Expo 86! Learn how individual team members (some of whom have been with them for over 25 years) work together to deliver exceptional experiences each day within a complex large-scale operation, and find out what happens “backstage” to facilitate seamless, coordinated customer service throughout surges in demand.
What Do Past Attendees of This Session Say?
- 91% of past attendees indicated that they’d be able to apply what they learned in this session to their work
- “Great session and definitely needs to be done yearly. Invigorating session which stimulates new ideas and change”
- “This was invaluable! I would never have thought to do this.”
- “One of the best sessions, must attend!”
You can learn more about this session by reading a past participant’s blog post here.
By the end of the day, participants were able to:
- Describe how the hospitality industry maintains excellence in providing exceptional customer-centered experiences despite surges in demand within complex operations;
- Compare similarities and differences in how dimensions of quality are achieved within hospitality and health care contexts; and
- Identify ways the hospitality industry supports sustainable operations and staff satisfaction that may translate to a health context.